Tallahassee Florida Offers Something For Everyone, Home-Buyers, Investors, and Residents
If you are relocating, if you could choose a perfect place to raise a family, if you are retiring, or if you have resources to purchase income-producing property, Tallahassee, Florida should be at the Top of your list! My “Top 10 Reasons to Live, Buy and Invest in Tallahassee, FL” list may help you decide that Tallahassee is indeed the place for you and your family!
You may be wondering “Where in the heck is Tallahassee, Florida?” And, I may be a bit prejudiced, I am sure, but as a Tallahassee, FL native who has traveled across the country, I always sigh in relief when I see the treetops and the lights at the Tallahassee Regional Airport! Growing up in Tallahassee, I may have taken a few things for granted, some of those same things that are now, the most appealing features to those from other areas.
Recently, Tallahassee, FL area Realtors, Business Leaders, Community Leaders and residents have recognized just how much Tallahassee, FL has to offer people of all ages, demographics, and cultures. We have assessed amenities that we have gathered from current residents and those who have migrated from outside our area. The result is a presentation that analyzed housing affordability and availability, recreation, culture offerings, health care, job opportunities, and the cost of living and weather and postulated that each of these data sets, separately and combined, led to a dynamic result. That result is that Tallahassee, Florida is one of the most perfect places to live in the United States.
Housing, my specialty, has never been more affordable and accessible. The market conditions for home buying in Tallahassee have never been more favorable. Whether buying primary residence, a second home, or an income-producing property, the time to buy is now because of market conditions, interest rates, housing inventory, and pricing. All this leads to news that I am happy to share with you:
The Top 10 reasons to Live, Buy, and Invest in Tallahassee, Florida:
- Tallahassee, FL has fantastic Weather: Can we say that we LOVE a Climate that affords four full seasons? Our inland location, trees and hills offer us a moderate climate. Temperatures over 90 degrees occur in less than a 3 month time period. Tallahassee enjoys less than one month of temperatures under 35 degrees. Spring and Fall here are the most beautiful, colorful seasons ever! WE almost always have a gentle breeze, and plenty of wind in the spring – Makes for great kite flying and sailing!
- Tallahassee, FL is a small, but ever-developing Community. Size: in 2010, the Census Says we have Approximately 181, 376 people in Tallahassee! It’s a big County, and a small community. The people here in Tallahassee are friendly, welcoming, and diverse. Connecting to a cultural ethnicity is easy and accessible. It’s easy to get to know your neighbors here.
- Tallahassee, FL is a Healthy Community! This city offers many ways to stay fit, offering miles of walking trails, numerous Fitness centers, public and private, City Swimming Pools, Yoga facilities, Spas and Sports courts. Two Hospitals are available and each have some the finest physicians and state of the art diagnostic equipment in the Southeast and in the United States. Community Urgent Care facilities are conveniently located throughout the City and operate 7 days a week. The Tallahassee Veteran’s Outpatient Hospital is a hub for veterans healthcare maintenance services, coordinating with State VA hospitals and providing services for our beloved Veterans.
- Tallahassee, FL is a great place to raise kids! What do parents want? We want good schools, recreation outlets, nature, a nurturing environment and room to let kids be kids. Between the offerings of the City of Tallahassee Parks and Recreation facilities, parks, nature trails, lakes, and educational resources. Wow, so much for kids to do in Tallahassee, FL.
- Tallahassee, FL is in a great Geographic Location: We are 25 miles from the Gulf of Mexico, about the same from downtown to the Georgia line. We are close to the coast, ,to the Florida Caverns of Marianna, and the bluffs at Torreya State Park. We are 1 1/2 hours from the Panama City International Airport. From the top of the Capitol, 22nd floor, you can see St. Marks on a clear day!
- Tallahassee, FL offers a ton of great local businesses. While we have many of the same chain restaurants and retail stores, we have even more locally owned specialty shops, generations-old family owned restaurants. Just as a local for their favorites.
- Tallahassee, FL has a growing, creative environment for development of the Arts. From artworks, crafters, musicians, dance and film-making, there are hundreds of outlets for children, teens, and adults to express and enjoy a wide variety of arts. From Railroad Square to The Tallahassee Symphony, Petite Players and FSU Fine Arts School’s dance and theater performances, there are multiple creative outlets to explore in Tallahassee.
- Tallahassee, FL is GREEN! Everywhere you look, Tallahassee residents and businesses are going Green! Recycling, Re-purposing, remodeling and regenerating are growing endeavors. More GREEN processes and designs are being implemented in new home construction than ever before in Tallahassee, FL. Education and training is greatly responsible for raising awareness in our city and continues to influence personal behaviors leading to a cleaner, greener environment.
- Tallahassee, FL is a Sports Mecca! Between Three colleges with football, baseball, softball, soccer, golf, and even table tennis, there is something for everyone to observe. If you are an active sports player, Our recreation departments offer you opportunities to join City teams, private clubs are available for Golf, tennis and more. City and private golf courses are among the finest in the Southeast.
- Lastly, Tallahassee, FL has a Fantastic Real Estate Market. I should know, I’m a Tallahassee, FL Realtor! The Tallahassee real estate market offers affordable homes, a healthy quantity of homes for the single family home-buyer, town-home buyers and condominium lifestyle buyers. Lower property taxes, no State Income Tax, offers appeal to residents and those relocating. For real estate investors, Tallahassee, FL offers healthy return on investment with ample short term and long term renters. Record low interest rates, prices and availability of homes make NOW a time to purchase a Tallahassee, FL home. Because families begin here, grow here, and retire here, homes sell faster than in most cities, and for the first quarter of 2012, we have had an increase in median home values for the first time in 3 years!
We have exceeded housing forecasts from economists and I can’t help but believe it is because of all of “The Top 10 Reasons to Live, Buy and Invest in Tallahassee, Florida.” If you are considering relocation to Tallahassee as your next home now or in the future, choosing Tallahassee as your retirement location, or searching for an investment niche, please give our team a chance to show you around our beautiful city and homes for sale that fit your real estate needs! If you need Relocation Help in your area, just give us a shout, and we will find the right professional for you, wherever you are!
What else do you want to know about Tallahassee, FL? we are here to help!