In a market where there is a large supply of homes, what sets your home apart from the others? What will make your home more appealing, and what will bring a higher sales price? Today’s buyers are shopping for three things: The best priced home, the most affordable monthly payment and financing, and the home in the best condition. Few buyers have money to make changes or repairs. Consult a REALTOR for the best pricing strategy..and don’t fudge by “testing” the market..you will waste valuable time. Few loan programs allow hold-backs for repairs, so having your home in great shape is key in selling quickly.
Here are 8 budget-minded projects to consider when preparing your home for sale:
1. Organize and clean your kitchen cabinets. Having space makes people feel there is room for their “stuff.”
2. Add or replace tile. Adding a backsplash looks expensive, but tile can be found for bargains.
3. Install granite or marble tile instead of slab granite. You can save thousands this way!
4. Freshen your Bathroom. Scrape nasty tile grout and re-grout. Change medicine cabinets, faucets, and lighting to match and update.
5. Paint Dark paneling and trim. Unless your home is a farmhouse… a splash of tinted color makes white trim “pop” and a room feel instantly clean. Note: Don’t’ paint unless you are good at it! Hire a professional.
6. Look Up! Change and clean return air ducts, ceiling fans and light fixtures. If it’s dirty, it is an immediate turn-off to buyers.
7. Address your Front Door. Does it need paint, hardware, replacement? The front door and entry sets the mood for the house. Check your lighting here too!
8. Make your Garage look like a garage. Do you use it for storage, or is it a home for your vehicles? Nothing is better than driving into a garage on a rainy day!
Small investments like these can make the difference in your home selling or sitting on the market. Immaculate SELLS! Roll your sleeves up for profits!